NAMSS Credentialing Specialist (CPCS®) Study Guide
The NAMSS Credentialing Specialist (CPCS®) Study Guide is a PDF reference guide designed to help medical services professionals prepare for the CPCS® exam. This comprehensive resource covers exam topics, including credentialing and privileging; primary source verification; compliance with standards; and medical services operations. In addition, these topics are reviewed from the perspective of a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals, credentials verification organizations (CVOs), managed care organizations (MCOs), and ambulatory care settings. MSPs are able to access the full spectrum of information they will need to know for the CPCS exam in one organized guide.
This product is current with the Spring 2023 NAMSS CPCS® Exam Content Outline.
Who Should Purchase:
- MSPs planning to take the Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Certification Exam and/or MSPs new to the field who are looking for an go-to resource. NAMSS members and non-members are welcome to purchase the guide.
- Principles of credentialing and re-credentialing, including bylaws, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations;
- The application process;
- Credentials verification, including board certification and licensure;
- Clinical privileges;
- Peer review and performance improvement;
- Re-credentialing, reappointment, and reappraisal;
- Operations and information management;
- Medical staff management;
- Healthcare law, including medical staff appointments and privileges, the medical record, and the Healthcare Quality Improvement Act (HCQIA); and
- Exam study strategies and self-check questions.
What You Will Learn:
- How to increase your knowledge of the credentialing process;
- How to improve your understanding of each medical environment and its patients;
- Relevant exam-related information organized by topic so that you can carefully review areas in which you are lacking knowledge;
- Familiarity with the types of questions included on the CPCS exam; and
- An accessible reference to help answer your questions in the workplace.
- Hover over the "Register" button in the top right corner to see the price
Note: The Certification Commission of NAMSS (CCN) does not develop, administer, sponsor, endorse, or financially benefit from any type of exam review, preparatory course or published materials related to the content of the certification examinations. The purchase and/or use of any exam preparation material does not guarantee a passing score on the exam.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|