MSP Roles and Responsibilities
The healthcare environment has become increasingly diverse and complex with new technologies and an increasing variety of legal requirements. Designed for medical services professionals (MSP) who are new to the profession, this on-demand online course explores how the MSP role has evolved in recent years. Participants will examine their responsibilities from numerous points of view in medical settings, pinpointing the challenges, opportunities, and key issues involved in the job. For a limited time, this course includes a comprehensive glossary of terms unique to the profession that will serve as a continuing reference for the participants.
Upon completing this course, MSPs will learn how to clearly articulate who they are and how their work impacts the medical environment. MSP Roles and Responsibilities explores the natural synergies of CVOs, hospitals, and managed care organizations. Participants will examine how each player interacts, defining the roles, partnerships, and possible conflicts that may arise.
What You Will Learn
- The complex nature of and main players in today’s health care delivery system;
- Key roles and responsibilities of an MSP;
- Characteristics of an effective MSP; and
- Factors that will influence the future for your institution, and your role within the organization.
Who Should Attend:
- All MSPs new to the field or those who seek to understand the roles and responsibilities of the medical services professional and the MSPs impact in today’s complex healthcare delivery system. NAMSS members and non-members are welcome.
- This course is eligible for 2 CE credits.
- Hover over the "Register" button in the top right corner to see the price
This course covers the following Core Functional Area(s) and Tomorrow's MSP Skillsets:
Core Functional Area(s):
- Conducts, Participates In, and Maintains Primary Source Verification
- Conducts, Participates In, and Maintains Credentialing and Privileging
- Manages the Credentialing or Privileging Process
- Conducts, Participates In, and Maintains Current Clinical Competency Evaluations and Peer Review
- Complies with Accreditation and Regulatory Standards
- Manages Compliance with State and Federal Accreditation Standards and Regulatory Requirements
- Manages Departmental Operations
- Manages Provider Enrollment Process
- Analytical Thinking
- Medical Staff Bylaws & Policies and Procedures
- Professional Ethics
- Professional Presence
- Relationship Building
- Team Building
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|