2023 Annual Conference Recording: Legal Year in Review: Best and Better Practices for MSPs
Watch the recording of "Legal Year in Review: Best and Better Practices for MSPs" by Michael Callahan, JD. Then, complete the quiz and earn 80% or higher to receive CE credit.
- Legal Year in Review: Best and Better Practices for MSPs
- Michael Callahan, JD
- The purpose of the Year in Review presentation is to discuss relevant legal developments since the last annual conference which address developments affecting the day to day responsibilities of MSPs. The court decisions will summarize developments in the areas of peer review, peer review privilege protections, the Data Bank, HCQIA, employment and related areas. In addition to summarizing these decisions the presentation will identified recommended best practices which will affect their understanding of the legal impact on their work, the need to review and recommend changes to medical staff bylaws and policies, how to best protect confidential and privileged documents, how to maximize immunity protections and obtain a better understanding of what disciplinary actions are and are not reportable to the Data Bank I have given a presentation on this topic, Al being updated, for about the last 10 years.
- Compare recommended best practices to their own procedures in order to determine whether to recommend changes to medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and policies
- Use the information obtained along with best practices to educate medical staff leaders and senior hospital staff
- Improve their analytical understanding and thinking by understanding how the courts examine legal issues affecting the day to day responsibilities of MSPs
This course covers the following Tomorrow's MSP® Skillsets:
- Analytical Thinking
- Risk Management
- Medical Staff Bylaws & Policies/Procedures
- This conference recording is eligible for 1.0 CE
- Hover over the "Register" button in the top right corner to see the price